Sunday 7 February 2010

Contents Page Experimenting


I do like this page but I think the black and white makes it look quite boring and bland. I don't think there are enough warm colours.

I prefer the colours in this page but nothing on the page shows any proper skill which makes it boring... Also I don't think the photo in the corner works very well, but if I changed it to something like a speaker or stereo, it may work better


I like the way the contents is set out here with the features spaced out a little more and a little description underneath. I took inspiration from this. Although I think that in terms of pictures, the page still looks a little boring and there isn't enough room to fit another photo in. To fix this I would have to make my features smaller and more together to be able to fit a picture in the corner.

Of all the experimenting I have done, I feel as if this is a combined effort of all of them. I used a photo of an amp from google but before I finialise this as my draft, I need to take my own photo and edit it in the same way. I copied part of the wire of the microphone and twisted it to change the shape and pasted it next to the amp so it looks as if it is connected to the speaker, which ensures that the music theme is still prominent. I have added more features onto the page to fill it out a bit more, and also included sub-headings, which adds a bit of character and quirkiness e.g 'shh... you didn't hear it from us'. This relates to girls and gossip which is a typical stereotype, targetting the intended female audience.

Here I have taken my own photo of a speaker (couldn't find an amp) and edited it to make the colours bright and vivid. I think it looks good on the page and takes away the boring feel. I changed the font of the title to match that of my cover to make it look less 'samey' and I think it breaks the page up a bit!

0 comments:

Post a Comment