Tuesday 19 January 2010

The Photoshoot

On monday night, my friend willing to model for my photos came over to experiment with some ideas for poses and costumes. Orginally, these were just going to be test shots but as it took quite a lot of arranging to get together, we spent about three hours firstly practising and working with shots, and then taking some final ones that i'll hopefully be able to use for my double page spread and contents page. I took some in the style of the photos i'd like for my front cover but I think i'm going to experiment with different people and I still need more practise to perfect the photos for the cover. I ended up with 98 photos to work with!
I liked using Sara for these photos as she is very photogenic with a lovely smile, and I wanted the photos on my double page spread to look fun and quirky so this was important. I'm going to edit the photos so they have a high contrast and smudge the background so that it doesn't look like it's a bedsheet (which it is!) I used to 'retro' setting on my camera to get the reddish effect and used the auto flash. My sister helped us by holding lights in the right place so that we got the right lighting...

I love the costume for this shot, and the pose
and if I think it'd be good for my contents page
although the top of Sara's head has been cut off.
It also needs to be cropped on the right side.

I like the soft effect this had, not as sharply
captured as the other photos, although this
could effect the continuity of my shots.

I like this pose because it's natural and simple.

This is one of my favourites and everybody
that i've shown it to has loved it as well. I
took the inspiration from a photo much like it I
found online whilst researching poses and recreated it.
It fits the quirky and characteristic criteria and I definately
want to use it somewhere in the magazine.

I used the microphone to link with the topic of the magazine
because I wanted to be careful that I didn't loose focus on the
fact it's a music magazine. I like the pose because it's fun and cheeky.

I think i'll almost definately use this shot because
it captures the kind of persona I wanted to get across- it's fun
and bubbly.

I like this shot again because it's silly, like she's
messing around but there is something red in the
bottom right corner (?!) but I could always crop it.

Another silly fun one :)

I love this shot because it's a bit different to
the others and her smile looks really model-like!


This is definately my favourite shot. It's fun,
cheeky, quirky and beautiful. I think i'll definately be
using it!


Another happy smiley one.

This is another favourite, because of the unusual pose
and I like the way the shadows of her arms look against
the background. I think when edited with a high contrast,
this could look really retro and quirky.

This one is a little different, a bit more classy and serious
because I wanted to experiment and try out different things.
I like it because it's refreshing to have a bit of variety.

0 comments:

Post a Comment